"Marvel's Civil War II" Unworthy
Boooooo, boooooo, booooo, booooo, boooooo. This comic is so bad man. The older I get the more I realize the original Civil War event with Marvel was basically just one large way for them to play with their toys. It just seems to age worse and worse the farther away we get from it. I never really cared for Bucky Barnes being Captain America, frankly the whole Captain America situation in the comics is too confusing for me to follow at this point. But that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the Marvel Civil War event I got to live through, Civil War II. I will say I liked it better as a child, but in the sense that a part of me thought Iron Man should have won the first time around, so I was eager to see him get some sort of redemption. Let's talk about it.
The biggest issue with this? Captain Marvel is just hilariously wrong. There's no two ways to cut it. It's not even like the issue they're fighting on hasn't been litigated before in other pieces of media, it's been done, very often. What's worse, they progressively make her side harder and harder to root for as well. I just don't understand how you want to promote Captain Marvel as one of the new big heroes because she also has a movie com out, and what you do is make her the face of an incredibly unpopular side, in which all of the coolest heroes oppose anyways.
Like the first time they actually stop something from happening it's good. Then eventually they get more and more casualties. Then they literally have her arrest a random citizen, find nothing on them, and she's like trust me bro we'll find the evidence. It's just stupid. It's like they wanted to assassinate her character. Let me explain. So basically there's someone who discovers he has the power to see devastating events from the future before they happen. Captain Marvel and friends decide to act on it, getting people killed in the process, while Iron Man is vehemently against it.
In no situation is it easy for anyone to feel like they should side with Carol. People start dying pretty much immediately after her first use of it. And the best part of it all? THE DUDE WITH THE POWERS JUST DISAPPEARS AT THE END. Unironically, I don't remember any other time Ulysses starts appearing. By the way his predictions start to become worse and worse, and more and more incorrect as well, and then apparently by the end he just "evolves" and disappears. Then what happens? Tony is just kind of dead, completely vindicated, yet despite it all people act like he was in the wrong, and Carol gets a promotion. What? Who thought this would be a good idea.
Final Score: 10/100
This entire event was so bad, and the entire time people are trying to convince her she did the right thing. Like She-Hulk's cousin got killed because of this but she still tells Carol that she did the right thing anyways and to continue fighting for it. Like you almost died for a power that no one even has anymore, and nearly killed you. Then Star-Lord is like if I could save more people then do what you need to, even though they were very clearly arresting innocents by that point. I would be very surprised if they try to ever adapt this event to the big screen, and would absolutely laugh if they did because I can only imagine how much worse it'd go.

Comments
Post a Comment